Monday, March 23, 2015

TOKYO, JAPAN PART 1

The busy street of Shibuya
It was early last year of 2014 when Japanese Embassy announces the implementation of substantial visa requirements for Indonesia, Vietnam including the Philippines. The embassy said that the requirements will be liberalized Filipinos applying for multi entry as well as those single tourist visas. Their main objectives of these measures are to promote Japan as a tourist-oriented country with even higher volumes of foreign tourists all over the globe.

When I heard this news, I purchased my plane ticket as early as June and planned to spend my White Christmas for the first time in Japan. We all know that Japan is one of the most expensive country in the world, from hotel accommodations to public transports, to their cuisines everything is pricey but it doesn't mean that I wouldn't try to explore this territory. I didn't worry of how much it would costs me when I get there because I am more excited and fascinated with the experiences that the country could give me.

TOKYO
It was 23rd of December 2014 when I arrived the country and a 3 degree Celsius freezing weather of Japan welcomed me. It was very frosty and my shirt can't grasp with the frigid climate. On the other hand, I wasn't really sure about where to stay though I booked a hotel on-line since I don't know the address of my Aunt and just in case I can't stay at her place. After 4 hours and a half flight from Manila, an hour of staying at the airport and a 3 hours express bus ride to Saitama. I can really say that I am in Japan already. (If you are taking by Bus, booths are located at the arrival hall and they leave on time)

 My cousins Yume & Kentaru
TOKYO TOUR
Tokyo is an hour and 20 minutes train ride from my Aunt's home and I had no idea how to get to the City at first since my itineraries directions are all routes with in Tokyo. So I used my roaming for internet browsing but it costs me thousands of pesos because I didn't get the rental WiFi kit at the airport (PS. Make sure that you bring your credit card to avail the rental kit because they don't accept cash as mode of  payment).

DAY 2 - ASAKUSA
Start at Kaminarimon gate at the entrance of Sensoji Temple. As you walk towards the temple building, check out the historic Nakemise Dori shopping street whose souvenir shops and street food vendors have been serving the tourists for a long time now.

SENSOJI TEMPLE
Sensoji Temple is a few steps from Asakusa Station, served by the Ginza Subway Line, Asakusa Subway Line and Tobu Tojo Railways.


SUMIDA PARK



DAY 2-TOKYO SKY TREE

Sky Tree is just a 5-10 minutes walk from the Temple, this building gives the panoramic view of the City but it'll costs you 2,060 yen for the ticket. 




DAY 2- UENO PARK/ ZOO
Take a bus  located at the ground level parking of Tokyo Tower that'll bring you to Ueno Station and Ueno Park. From there take a little walk heading to the zoo, there's' an information booth is located right beside the bus stop if you need maps/directions.


Tulips at Ueno Park




There were lots of animals  inside the zoo but I was really surprised to see  these rare creatures. 
White Panda
Gorilla
Fox
snow monkeys
Polar Bear
DAY 3- ODAIBA

Access to Odaiba can be an attraction in itself, as the views of the Rainbow Bridge and Tokyo's harbor and waterfront area from the Yurikamome elevated train and boats are quite spectacular. 

Getting here:
Take Yamanote Line towards Shinbashi Station then take Yurikamome Line towards Toyuso. 520Y


AQUACITY AND DECKS
Arrive at daiba station and explore the aquacity and decks shopping center and entertainment mall. Inside you will find a large variety of shops, retaurants and indoor theme parks.


PALLETTE TOWN
From decks head to south to Pallette Town and take in the attractions such as Venus Fort shopping Mall and Toyota Mega web.



DIVER CITY
From Pallette Town take the walkways to Divercity and check out the life sized Gundam statue.





DAY 3- SHIBUYA
Shibuya is famous for its scramble crossing. When traffic completely stopped, hundreds of people gathered in every corner and they're like shredded papers cuts into pieces exploded out in a box when the lights turns to green. amazing!

How to get there:
From Daiba Station take Tokyo New Transit Yurikamone towards Shinbashi Station then Ginza line to Shibuya. 490Y


Meet Hachiko, an Akita Inu dog breed. According to the story, he and his owner use to spend each day outside the shibuya train station but one day his master didn't showed up. The owner then suffered cerebral haemorrhage and died, Hachiko waited 9 long years and was hoping that his owner might came back but hachiko died due to infections and was found that he has terminal cancer. In honour of his loyalty and braveness, the people has erected a bronze statue in his likeness and now he is famous and one of the most visited place in Japan.

DAY 3- ROPPONGI
Roppongi is a popular night life district in Japan offering clubs, restaurants and bars for foreigners. But one of the most the visited in this area is the Tokyo Tower that gives you exhilaration when you drop by at night and could be compared the Eiffel Tower in Paris because of its amazing lights.

Getting here:
Take Hanzonomon Line towards Oshiage and drop at aoyama itchome station then Oedo Line towards Tochomae to Roppongi Station. 280Y

Have some time to visit with  this public art gigantic spider sculpture located at Roppongi complex.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: